“In 2019, even more so than before, it will be very important to focus your energies on who you are – an individuated aspect of the Divine living a human life – and how you connect to and live from that truth. Then let that connection and sense of Divine self determine and guide what you do.” I barely got my Akashic Records open before they started fleshing out a snippet they piped in about New Year’s resolutions the night before.
New Year’s Resolutions
It started with a question a dear friend had tossed out at dinner: “So, what are your New Year’s resolutions for next year?” Normally I’d have my intentions at least outlined by now. Before I could sink into how I’d fallen so far behind, that same friend shared she’ll be more focused on family than on work next year. Career had been her top priority for the last couple of years.
We all smiled in support, and I confessed not having thought yet about resolutions. Then, as I vaguely heard my Akashic Records’ counsel to focus more on the who and the how than the what, the conversation shifted. That’s why my Record Keepers, (i.e. my Higher Self, my angels and my guides) could barely wait for me to open the door to this discussion this morning.
However, before explaining more about what they’d started at dinner, my Akashic Records reminded me of the guidance they offered last year.
- Use the idea of New Year’s resolutions as an opportunity to connect to your soul and begin co-creating the year with that higher guidance.
- Action that is not aligned with the wisdom of our Higher Selves no longer works, and may even backfire. This truth is in keeping with the dynamic behind “Presence is the New Planning” and “Being is the New Doing” and it rules out resolutions rooted in what we think we “should” do because of some “authority” that is outside of us, or some misguided sense of perfection.
- Recognize that when you vibrate in coherence with your soul, the “bad” stuff simply falls away. You just won’t want to be or do that anymore – you won’t be attracted to it.
- Keep resolutions positive and focus on creating what you do want rather than stopping what you don’t.
The “What” Keeps Changing
After this refresher about last year’s information, the Akashic Records took a deeper dive into why it’s more important now to connect to our higher guidance and making decisions with that input: “Life already is changing faster than your human brains can effectively process, and it will only speed up from here. More will happen than you can remember, let alone control.” This makes sense to me. After all, how much of last month’s world events can you remember?
And no, things are not going to return “back to normal.” In fact humanity is going through a period of less and less agreement about what “normal” is — or even should be. This, say the Akashic Records, this is the very practical reason why we will be increasingly motivated to connect to our own higher guidance, and make decisions about what to do and when to do it with those energies and that information.
Our Higher Selves See and Know More
Our Higher Selves see and know more than our brains ever will. That’s as it should be, it’s by design and it’s always been true.
I had a small example of this dynamic just a week ago. I was in Charlotte to do a Friday team building session and had planned to spend the weekend visiting friends. When predictions about Winter Storm Diego began warning of 12 to 24 inches of snow here in Asheville, Charlotte’s forecasted five to eight sounded like a better weekend.
Nevertheless, my Akashic Records said I would be more comfortable back in Asheville, so I started back. And despite the pictures of Asheville snow I had seen online, I didn’t run into any precipitation until I pulled into the grocery store parking lot five minutes from my house. In the end, the Asheville airport reported 11 plus inches of snow, but my area had only about three, and we kept our electricity and Internet the entire time.
As you might imagine, the changing and conflicting weather reports were confusing my brain. And it was quite frustrating. After all, what could be so hard about looking at weather forecasts and deciding whether to stay in Charlotte or go back to Asheville? This should have been a two-minute decision based on easily available weather data my brain could quickly process, but it wasn’t. Yet, when I trusted my Akashic Records, my weekend was easy.
This experience, my Akashic Records tell me, was about getting me to practice connecting to them when I am confused or can’t find the answer – even about something as “every day” as the weather and travel. And the more often I take my confusion as a cue to ask for guidance, rather than wonder what the heck I’m doing wrong, the less of the confusion I will experience.
This time of extremes, coupled with continual and unpredictable change, is here to motivate us to connect to our own guidance. It’s part of a grand plan to get us to build, strengthen and rely upon our connection to our hearts, and our souls.
The Answers May Not Stay “Right” For Very Long
The extremes and continual change also mean we need to keep checking to see if the answers we received last about what to do in our lives remains accurate. As my Akashic Records explained it, “The answers you receive from us may not stay the right answers for as long a time as they used to. And just because our guidance changes, that doesn’t mean you made a mistake in receiving or interpreting it originally.”
My reaction to this news was a combination of relief and frustration. “Really, you can’t predict the future?” I asked.
“We never do,” they reminded me, which, of course, I already knew. We tell people all the time that information from the Akashic Records about the future describes the future with which they are most closely aligned. If you want another future, change your frequency to align with what you’d prefer. And then, don’t be surprised if your preferences then change along the way.
Recently, I got an email about a business closing that was a great example of this more fluid, ever-changing future and guidance dynamic. The idea for, and development of both the business and its products were the direct result of guidance the owner had received from Spirit. It was the soul-level inspiration and guidance the Akashic Records are describing. Then, after about two years, the guidance slowed until it said it was time to shut it down. Why put all this work into a business and close it down so soon? After all, its products were helping so many people. Well, the owner explained, “My spirit is complete with this experience.”
Wow. The guidance was not misinterpreted, and apparently, the owner was not meant to know the business would last only two years. Still, they have has no regrets about the business, and trust that what’s next to be done will appear. Following our Higher Selves is never a mistake, regardless of what business consultants might think.
And while it’s tempting to think the owner would have been better off to some how know better, and not act on the business idea, the odds of something longer-lasting coming in are not likely. Chances are those two years would have meant more frustration and confusion than closing the business has.
Patience is More Than a Virtue
So, what’s new about New Year’s Resolutions for 2019? Well, it’s a combination of doubling down on what was new last year, and explaining more about how it fits into the evolution of humanity.
- The method behind the seeming “madness” of the ever- quickening pace, continual change and the many extremes we now experience is to motivate us to connect to and live from our soul’s guidance. For many of us this translates into a big shift in how we make decisions and live our lives.
- New Year’s resolutions made in collaboration with our souls will support our spiritual growth, even if the outcome is not what we expected when we chose them. This is the wisdom behind not being attached to outcomes.
- Making things happen is even less likely to work than ever before. And, it’s more likely to backfire. Remember that force creates an equal and opposite reaction, and it’s a reaction we are more likely to directly experience in our own lives.
- These dynamics impact not only New Year’s resolutions, but also how we can lead our lives more fully in these changing and often confusion times.
- Patience is now more than just a virtue. It’s a necessity, but I bet you already knew that.
New Heart Integration Meditation – Enjoy This Guided Meditation
Are you curious what the Akashic Records may reveal about your life?
Contact me with any questions or schedule an Akashic Records Session to begin the process. You can also browse the other services I offer.