They’re back! Body aches, brain fuzziness, coughs, runny noses, unpredictable appetites and food cravings, digestive challenges, inability to sleep, and going to bed hours earlier than normal. These are just some of the physical symptoms our bodies experience when we are going through spiritual expansion and clearing.
Monday a friend told me he thought he’d had the flu late last week, and was amazed how it came and went within this three-day window when he really didn’t have to be in the office. Needless to say, he is grateful for the timing.
Today another member of our Akashic community agreed that remembering things has been more challenging lately. Then she added that this week she’s having to work harder at her job, but can’t say why.
Yesterday I woke up with a headache and spent the day vacillating between slight nausea, weariness and brain fog. An afternoon nap helped, but still, there was no writing this blog post then.
It wasn’t until this morning that I realized that my own spiritual clearing and expansion symptoms where keeping me from writing something on that very topic. How perfect.
Another Time of Energetic Clearing
So, what’s happening?
Well, it appears this current bout is related to the intense full moon on December 3, also known as a “super moon.” Full moons are great times for releasing and clearing.
Mercury went retrograde the same day, which begins a perfect period for going inward. Then, two days later, Chiron, the planet of the wounded healer, stationed direct, having been retrograde since June 30.
So, my lack of energy, fuzziness and fatigue conspired to keep me relatively still. I had little choice but to lay low and allow my soul to complete the clearing I needed.
Is this likely to happen again? Sure. It certainly has happened before!
And with the intensity of new energies arriving, it’s wise to learn to recognize and respect the symptoms.
Self-Care is Key – No Surprise
What can we do when they occur? Well, this list is going to sound familiar. No surprise, self-care is key:
- Get more rest, and that’s especially true for those of us who find sleep harder to find in these times. Don’t be afraid to change your schedule.
- Respect what your body is telling you about food. Eat more if you are hungry, and less if you are not, or if you are nauseous. You’d think that would go without saying, but believe me, a lot of us need to be reminded! Eat more live foods like raw vegetables, fruits and nuts. And don’t be surprised if you need more meat, even beef. Many of us need that extra grounding that sometimes beef provides better than anything else. Cravings also are very common.
- Drink more water – lots more water. When our bodies are releasing what we no longer need, they need help getting rid of it.
- Consider getting your vitamin levels checked. A lot of us are burning vitamins and minerals at much greater rates right now. Many are finding they need more B vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and magnesium.
- Support your body with acupuncture, massage and Cranio Sacral Therapy, to say nothing of walking, yoga and breathing exercises. And certainly, if your symptoms persist, see your medical practitioner.
Watch for Signs of Support
It also helps to watch for signs that you are supported in this process. The truth is that we always are.
One of the ways I know I am experiencing a spiritual clearing is that it never keeps me from doing anything truly important. Like I said, my friend’s flu fit nicely into a three-day window he couldn’t have scheduled better himself. And while I was late in turning this blog over to Jessica to post, I’m grateful to say she was able to accommodate my timing.
Appreciating and trusting that we are supported in our spiritual growth makes it easier for us to recognize our progress and trust in that all is well, even when we feel nauseous or exhausted for no apparent reason. And a strong faith and trust muscle can really come in handy on the spiritual path.